Great Travel Review Of Israel Shared By Our Latest JPs
We share with you day 2 experiences of our beautiful pilgrims trip
to Israel read all about their individual tour packaged
Israeli Pilgrimage Day 2 : 31/08/2012. Caesarea area at Acco : Roman Empire.
- King herod the great built this city with imported stones and materials from egypt, asia, etc.
- It served as meeting point for all cargoes passing through the mediterranean and the city prospered.
- Many nationals traded there: jews, germans, egyptians, etc.
- End of 4th century the town started decaying with attacks from earth quakes and many envious enemies.
- The moslems later plundered the town and destroyed churches and edifices.
- The europeans known as crusaders later attacked the town in the 12th century and forced the moslems out.
- Modern caesarea was rebuilt based on industrial exploits and research and is very developed today.
- The ruins of the early years are now being unearthed for all to see.
Haifa and the Israel/Lebanon border.
- This area is well preserved and there is wire car totake visitors down to the depths of caves and mountains being hammered by the mediterrenean sea.
- There is peace and prosperity in surrounding towns and banana is grown under contrlled conditions in this area.
Rosh Hanikra limestone grottos.
- These are excavated cities showing a city under which caves/grottos were created to serve as prisons for jews and escape routes to the sea in any attack.
- Reconstruction work is ongoing and there is profound engineering design and construction of these grottos.